Sunday, November 23, 2008

Things I Have (& Haven't) Done


I'm doing this interesting list that I read on Donna's blog!

For those that I had done, I am going to change the font colour to GREEN, and for those that I have never done before, it will be ELMO. Please feel free to try it yourself too. You may add your comments too, like me (in brackets).

1. Started my own blog (Is this a trick question?)
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (in church)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world (Hong Kong)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo (a couple of times for a singing competition in church, and twice for two of my friends' weddings)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris (it's on my list!!!)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch (water color and pencil)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (who haven't???)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (coming soon!)
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train (from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok - that was FUN!)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (Ooppssie!)
24. Built a snow fort (coming soon!)
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon (coming soon!)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (very nice!)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (Welcome to Earth!)
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (is this fun?)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors (The family name is Tan, so could be anywhere in western Shandong or Hunan Province, OR maybe somewhere in Zhao'an County, since that is my dialect. Zhao'an County is in Zhangzhou City, which is in Fujian Province)
35. Seen an Amish community (coming soon!)
36. Taught myself a new language (¡Hola!)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (and all the other statues all around David... they are so BEAUTIFUL!)
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (coming soon!)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (Remember I was talking about the dislocations? And there was a bike accident too...)
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (the architecture, carvings, paintings and sculptures are indescribably amazing!!!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain (we must try this one day, baby!)
53. Played in the mud (no thanks!)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (just once, and this year too!)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (it's really cold up there, if you want any tips before you plan a trip there! Brrrr....)
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (Wushu, Taekwondo, Karate)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen (yes, in a chicken rice shop)
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (is this fun?)
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (many times in the past, but not in recent years)
65. Gone sky diving (sounds crazy but I'm gonna try it!)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (in fact, I've never written a check in my life)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (My favorite childhood toy? Has to be Lego!)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (coming soon!)
71. Eaten Caviar (on a sushi)
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square (coming soon!)
74. Toured the Everglades (coming soon!)
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (London is on my list too!!!)
77. Broken a bone (I can only give thanks to God, considering all the accidents I had been through, but still, not a single broken bone!!!)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (I was the driver!)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (still driving that faithful 6-year-old Satria)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible (once, and still trying to complete another round for the past 7 years! Talk about motivation huh?)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (You wouldn't believe this... I can't swim, but I actually saved a friend from drowning! Thank You Lord for using me!)
90. Sat on a jury (Ooooh, I'd love to do this given the opportunity!)
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one (who haven't???)
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person (coming soon!)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (coming soon, even though I can't swim!)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
(I think my face and neck became bloated!)
100. Ridden an elephant


Now, wasn't that fun??? :) My score is 37/100, same as Donna! :)

Do give it a try, and nope, I'm not tagging anyone. Have a great week ahead friends!

5 Comments:

Blogger Inge' said...

You had been to some very interesting places!

I have been to the everglades several times. You will love it! You must eat some clam chowder when you are there it will spoil you so bad you won't want it from anywhere else!

Monday, November 24, 2008 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Hi John,

Thanks for completing the list. It is quite neat to see what others have done and haven't done thus far in their life. You will have to redo the list at the end of 2009 to see how many you can add to the list that you have done by then.

Strange that both of us have done only 37 of the list! :)
You have indeed been to some very interesting places in your time!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow ... that's an amazing list. We learned a lot about you through this list. Thanks for sharing!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

It's scary how many things I HAVEN'T done in my life...great list!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:08:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Inge': Clam chowder? Sounds yummy. Thanks for the tip :) Will definitely give it a try.

Donna: Yes, it's a great list, to see what you had been missing out in life. I had exactly the same thought as yours regarding re-doing the list towards the end of 2009, and make plans to increase my score!

Small Footprints: Glad to share :) Please feel free to do the list too, for fun!

Ron: Hi Ron, welcome to my blog. Thanks for reading and commenting. I shall visit yours when I am more free. Have a great week!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home